Wednesday, March 12, 2014

We received this wonderful email from a dear Sister in Singapore (November 2013)

Dear Bro & Sis Waldvogel: I’m EL from the Woodlands Ward, Singapore Stake, where your daughter is currently serving. I serve as the Stake Relief Society secretary and my husband, T, serves as the Stake Young Men president. Our oldest, J, has finished serving in the San Jose CA mission and is currently schooling at LDSBC, SLC. My youngest, S, will be finishing school in the first quarter of next year and will proceed to serve in the military (compulsory) before going on a mission. He serves alongside with the missionaries as a ward missionary. The missionaries are an impact and example in influencing the young minds as they serve in our midst. The missionary force in our Ward has doubled and our missionaries have stepped up their effort in helping us be better missionaries.

Sis Waldvogel and her companion had been to our home and shared simple meals with us. She is an amazing and spunky missionary. There’s just something abt her. We love having her in our ward. I’m so happy to be acquainted with them and what strength they will bring when they return home. Thank you for sharing your daughter with us during these passing months. We know she will go on to do great things in life.

Recently, something just happened to us. I have attached a picture of what Sis Waldvogel, her companion and 2 other Elders, did to our door. They totally BOMBED our door with LOVE!!!!! I was home the whole time and they were so quiet abt it. S. came home from school and had asked me to check out our door. What a pleasant surprise!!!! I had since left my door looking so pretty. My neighbors had come by asking what it was all about. It had created a good conversational piece to introduce the church to them. I hope they will accept invitations to our home for a brief visit with the missionaries. Sis Waldvogel is just AWESOME!!!!!!!

Thank you for watching over Sis K. L. and making her feel welcome in your home. I am happy that she has decided to serve a mission and be able to serve in the St George area. She truly loves the mission and for the miracles she has experienced,

Thanks again for your kindness toward Sis L. and Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

Sincerely, Evelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment