Tuesday, March 11, 2014

September 16, 2013 Hello Family!!!!!!!!!! How are you?! I hope everyone is doing well! Things are great here in Singapore!!! It's been a very interesting week! my companion went to Indonesia for a visa run! She brought me back the coolest thing! anyway! I'll send a pic! I went on splits with Sister Stokes (the one we met in Provo before going to the MTC) cause her comp went with mine! It was so cool! We taught 5 lessons that day (WHICH IS A LOT for singapore) Anyway! It was super great! we met with P. (a friend of R.) anyway she is so sweet! she kept saying we were angels! it was the sweetest thing ever! we also got to see R! We met with a few of their investigators and had a lot of fun!!!! There are new missionaries in Singapore and Malaysia! I'm no longer the newest hahah! its way great!!! Sister Wyn and Elder Hobbs are in this group (people I was fb friends with before the mission) it was cool to see them! So we had a super amazing lesson with W. this week! H. (a ward member) followed us to the lesson, and we finished the Gospel of Jesus Christ, It was really awesome!!!! The spirit was so there, and its the best lesson we have had with him! so we hope that he felt the spirit also! We went on the Flyer on Monday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAYYY! it was the coolest thing ever! We saw the merlion I was sad cause it wasn't spitting out water :( but thats okay! It was still really cool! AND GUESS WHAT?!?! I GOT LOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! haha it finally happened! i was lost for an hour and a half! haha I got off at the wrong MRT, didn't have the phone or the map, but luckily i had the address! i was supposed to get off a Khatib and i got off at Sembawang. so I went back to Yishun (which is one stop away from Khatib) which is the place I thought I was supposed to be! haha i took a bus and eventually got to the place we were supposed to be! But it was the scariest time of my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! haha it's all good! I learned a lot about prayer that day! While I was on splits with sister stokes I ran into members in chinatown!!!!!!!!!!! we went over to chinatown to go visit P. after we were done, we heard someone call out "SISTERS" so I turned around and they explained that they were members from Germany! It was the coolest thing ever! She took pictures and will send them to me and i'll send them to you! It was just another tender mercy that God so often sends to me! This week was really good! It was a little more difficult, but i have really been trying to focus on loving the people! I have really come to love all the ward members! I have really grown to love our investigators also! sometimes it's hard, because they frustrate you when they dont read or come to church, or do the little things! But when you can see them as God see's them and discern their needs, it makes teaching them with the spirit so much easier! WOW A MISSION IS HARD!!!!!!!!!!!! haha but really you have to be in perspective everyday! you have to really remember you are a representative of Jesus Christ!!!! also!!! a challenge for all of you!!!!!!! CHALLENGE: give one referral to the missionaries! They need it! Missionaries need you, God needs each of you to help build up the kingdom!!!!! :) Anyway! I have really been thinking about Christ, and his grace! how blessed are we that we are never alone! We go through hard things, but Christ can pick us up! He does! Even when we mess up, if we humble ourselves and ask for help or forgiveness Christ will gladly help! We should be so appreciative of this! Although he has paid in full our sins we need to show our appreciation to him everyday!!!! I hope you all are doing well... i love you so so much!!!! Keep on keeping on! keep the e-mails/ letters coming they really lift me up!!!!! Love Eternally Sister Hailee Waldvogel O.W.L.E <3

No comments:

Post a Comment