Monday, June 23, 2014

June 23, 2014
Punjabi suit
HI FAMILY!!!!!!!! <3

How is everyone?! I pray for everyone at home all the time! :) GOD LOVES YOU!!!!

This week was AWESOME!!!! It went by sooooooo fast!!! Last week we went to Little India to go shopping for Punjabi suits with S, K, and M! It was SO MUCH FUN!!!! I bought a Punjabi suit; I’ll attach a picture! While we were at little India we met a member who served his mission in Singapore several years ago and he knows the Crofts from San Diego! I can't remember his name, but it was crazy how we made that connection! It was cool to be able to talk to him about the members in the areas he served before! The church world is really small!!! hahaha anyway! We had a super fun FHE lesson with the recent converts about prayer, and how sometimes we have to pray hard before we receive the blessings or our answers! We had a piñata and they LOVED IT!!!! There are no such things as piñata’s over here! So they loved it! haha
Making Faces
I. is ROCKIN!!!! We taught him about temples and he is wayyy excited to prepare to go! He is just so happy after being baptized! We are really excited for him! We met with the A. family! G, J. (her husband we are teaching) H, CJ and C! They are the cutest!!! I love them so, so much! We had an amazing lesson about the Restoration! The spirit was so strong and he prayed at the end! IT WAS AMAZING!!!!! He even said he would come to church with his family! :) :D yay! S. and K. are doing AMAZING as always! M. is doing really well! She didn't come to church :( we were really sad, but she said she will come next week! We are really praying that we can help her, and when she talks with her husband his heart will be softened and they can be baptized! Went on exchanges with Sister Chan from England! She is the CUTEST!!!! I love her so much! She was talking about how she used to visit Jane Austen’s home! I told her I was going to come visit her when I got home! hahah on Saturday we went to a sister's home D. and she taught all of the RS how to make pigs belly pau! It WAS SO GOOD!!!! hahaha yup... I’ve come to the point… I like to eat pig’s belly! Wow! It was really nice! And it was so fun to be with all of the RS sisters! P. came also! We love her! And are excited! We want to teach her about Faith! She is soooo ready and comes to church every week, and is such a good example to her sons!

Hailee contacted this wonderful Sister on the MRT
A. GOT BAPTIZED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was the coolest experience of my life!!!! Just because I listened to the spirit and opened my mouth! One of Gods beautiful daughters was able to be put on the path to return home to him! It’s a really good incentive to ALWAYS be sharing the gospel with those around us! :) She is the best!!! The whole service was in Chinese! And it was so full of the spirit!

We went to the S. families home for dinner! Brother J, Sister F. and their babies H. and T! are the CUTEST!!!!! H. is 5 and can play the piano AMAZINGLY!!! It’s not even real! He plays both hands and played battle hymn of the republic, let it be, and tons of classical songs! He is a genius!!! I love being able to visit families! Children are so pure! And I love to hear their testimonies! They really are of the Kingdom of God! We can learn a lot from little children! :) Sorry this email is kind of jumbled! This next week will be crazy because of zone conference! I'm really excited! We are speaking on repentance! I have been studying it a lot! And Repentance is change... in Mosiah 5:2 it talks about having a change of heart.. Having no more disposition to do evil.. But to do good continually! That is exactly what this is...
Piñata - Singaporean Style
As we experience that change of heart we become more pure! We by no means will be perfect in this life! BUT! Because of the grace of our savior Jesus Christ we can return to him and our Heavenly Father and FEEL at HOME with them! I'm so grateful for Repentance.. Why is it required???? Because, it brings about a change in us! NO UNCLEAN thing can enter into the kingdom of God but UNCHANGED thing will WANT to! I have used a lot of Brad Wilcox talk to base mine off of! I just want to be able to see my Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ as they are at the time when I leave this earth! I want to feel comfortable in their presence and feel their unconditional love! This is all through Faith, Repentance, Baptism, Receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and Enduring to the End! The equation to return to our heavenly Father! WE ARE SO BLESSED!!!! While I’m not perfect, Christ’s gospel is!
I LOVE YOU FAMILY!!!!!! <3

Love
Eternally
Sister Waldvogel
OWLE <3

No comments:

Post a Comment