Monday, April 21, 2014

April 21, 2014

HI FAMILY AND FRIENDS!!!! <3
 
How are you?! This week went by sooo fast! It was like I blinked and it was Monday again! Missions are so interesting! It's like I have no concept of time! Anyway!!! Last Monday for FHE we watched this really cool video on Easter.mormon.org ITS AMAZING! Everyone go watch it! It was really amazing! Because of our savior Jesus Christ, ALL things are possible! That has been my motto for this week! It's been a little bit of a rough few weeks, but I have really had Christ carry me as I strive to lift my brothers and Sisters around me :) It's an amazing concept! We went to North zones, Zone Meeting! AMAZING!!! Elder Black and Frey rock! They focused a lot on faith… really having the faith to do what the Lord requires of us! Faith is such an amazing power that increases as we are obedient!! It truly opens the door to so many blessings "that we won’t have room enough to receive them!" We also watched the atonement and how it applies to missionary work.. Makes me cry every time! But it hit me differently this time... I have come to realize that I am my biggest obstacle to overcome... and this frustrates me! BUT! My Savior loves me so much that he overcame for me! As long as I am trying my best, striving to be better, and really use the atonement to change! THAT IS ENOUGH!!! I just want to give of myself to the people in Singapore, and sometimes I feel as though I don’t give enough! BUT! I know that Christ has and will make up the difference!

Anyway! We went to the A. Families wedding this week! Sisters B. and L, and Elders H, D, B, Frey, S and H came! IT WAS AMAZING!!! There were so many people that we were able to talk to, and although many of them weren't interested, we were able to testify of little things to them, and get to know them! It was really fun! We sang ‘Families Can be Together Forever’ and ‘Love one Another’ in English and Chinese! It was sooo cool!! They also had ballroom dancers perform (I may have died a little inside!) It ended up being a really amazing missionary opportunity!!! SO COOL!!!! I want to be like that all the days!! Share the gospel so freely like this family!! :) We had this man call us the other day, who was a former investigator! He is a religion that we can't baptize except under special permission. And he wants to be baptized! We were able to talk with him about many of his concerns! It was a MIRACLE!!!! He told us he couldn't stay away; he knew that it was true! And he bore an amazing solid testimony to us!!! Please pray for him! :)
 
We went on exchanges with the 4th ward sisters! Sister R. and A! IT WAS SO FUN!!! We had a little birthday celebration with them that night! We picked up a new sister who is going to the MTC today to go to Boston on her mission, Sister Ng! THE CUTEST!!!!! She found out it was my birthday and gave me a hair bow, and sang to me in Chinese!!! IT was the most adorable thing of my life! She is so nervous, but will be an amazing missionary! She wants to do everything right! And that was a great example to me of how exact obedience to the little things is very, very important!!! If you’re obedient to the little things, you will be obedient to the big things! :)
 
So, we went to Baja Fresh (I really wanted Mexican food for my birthday) and it was so fun!!! And that was my celebration! ALSO! I met Sister K. Lim at a baptism on Saturday!!!!! IT WAS AMAIZNG!!! I have decided we are going to be best friends!! We also found out that one of our sisters has to go home for medical care, so Sister R. and I are now in a trio with Sister L, who I LOVE so much! I'm really excited! It's going to be difficult covering two wards, but God is going to help us so much!

On Sunday we had to take Sister N. to get her patriarchal blessing at the stake center and I got to see the woodlands ward!!! I LOVE THEM SO MUCH!!!!! I seriously miss them a lot! All of the YSA and young woman were squealing we were so excited to see each other! It feels like home every time I see them! Now I'm really trying to build a bond like that with the Ang Mo Kio Ward, and its coming! I really love this area, and want to build it up!!! It’s taking work and time! BUT! It's coming together and we are seeing miracles!!! :)
 

Family and Friends! I just want to let you know that I feel your prayers! That God loves you so much, and I love you so much! During this Easter time I want to bare my testimony about my savior Jesus Christ! I KNOW he LIVES! That he atoned for us... so we never ever are alone! He suffered loneliness so we don’t have to, and if that isn't love I don’t know what is! This is a work of Love! As we love God and our savior, we will love those around us! And as we love those around us, we will do what God wants us to. And one day return to him! This Church is true! I know it! I live it! I love it!No matter what religion everyone is! God is love! And we are all in this together!!! <3 :)
Love
Eternally
Sister Waldvogel OWLE <3

No comments:

Post a Comment