Monday, April 14, 2014

April 14, 2014 (19th) HAPPY BIRTHDAY SISTER WALDVOGEL!!!
 
HI FAMILY AND FRIENDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1st off, THANK YOU so much for all the amazing birthday notes… I opened the package from Mom and Dad at the office and bawled like a baby in front of the assistants to president... still getting teased about that one! Haha, but thank you it means a lot!!! I love you all so, so much!! Anyway!!! THIS WEEK HAS BEEN CRAZY!!!! Needless to say! It's hard departing a companion! But we were able to visit a lot of members! And we even had a farewell FHE dinner for her! SO I miss Sister G. a lot, but I'm excited to continue to strive to build up the AMK area! :) Sister R. is my new companion; yes there is relation to Mitt! haha 2nd cousin twice removed haha something like that! Anyway! She has TONS of energy and is ready to take it on! So it's gonna be good! :) We went to pick up the new missionaries on Thursday which was fun! I really enjoy seeing them! They are full of so much energy and are ready to take on anything!! They were so tired by the end of the day! haha and we got a little lost on our way to the hotel that night, but it all worked out!!! :) SO! The new sisters are so cute!!! They are awesome! A lot of them were talking to people and are really excited to just go out and DO! I was able to talk to the cutest little girl and her mom with the sisters!! They were adorable! I was able to give the little girl a hello kitty sticker! And in that moment I just realized how much I really love being a missionary! Being in Singapore!! You have so many opportunities to just do little things to make someone feel Gods love! It’s amazing! :) We were able to hear General Conference! IT WAS AMAZING!!!!!!! I love general conference! A recurring theme of what I heard was 1) Discipleship 2) Exercising your Faith 3) LOVE!! WOW! These were all things that I needed to hear for sure! I have started to make some goals to how I can implement the things I have learned into being a better missionary! :) This week has been really difficult and I can't really pinpoint why; but I know as we focus on what God has given us and are full of gratitude in our hearts, we will find joy, peace and eternal happiness! We have much reason to Rejoice and to be cheerful! :) ALSO!!!!!
 
CHALLENGE:
INVITE SOMEONE QUARTERLY!!!!! That was an amazing message given by Elder Ballard! So I'm following up for him, haha :) who can each of us try to invite to come unto Christ?? Who can we love more? Serve more? Think about it! :)
 
Anyway!!! This week was amazing! Story time!!

So the Elders Sister G. and I saw at the airport... ended up being in our mission!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CRAZY RIGHT?! haha they are from Australia, went to the Manila MTC and are now serving in the Singapore mission!! I thought it was crazy! Haha… figured that out when we picked them up at the airport!!! So crazy! I really just want to bare you my testimony! About how Christ carries you! I have a huge testimony that no matter what is happening in our lives, how we feel, whatever situation we are in… the power of the Atonement is strong enough to carry us! God loves us sooo much! I testify that this is true!!! He knows us inside and out! He cares, and Christ understands how we feel! WE ARE NEVER ALONE!!! As we turn to him he will show us the way to eternal happiness, he will have his arms open with unconditional love! This to me is the greatest of all! The love he feels for us, we should share with those around us! Family! Friends!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I pray for you always!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I appreciate what you do to support me!!! I can never express how grateful I am!!! Have an amazing week and keep on keepin on!!! 

Love
Eternally,
Sister Waldvogel
 
OWLE <3

No comments:

Post a Comment