Wednesday, September 3, 2014

September 1, 2014

Hi FAMILY!!!! <3

How are you?? Sorry I’m emailing soooo late! An amazing member in our branch, brother R. had his mom in the hospital for months and she just passed away! The funeral was today so we decided to go; she was over 90 so it was a blessing she wasn't suffering anymore! BUT! I am so grateful for the knowledge that our families can be together forever! There was so much heart ache at the funeral. It was a very interesting traditional Hindu funeral, and I have lots of pictures to send you next week! There was a lot of symbolic acts with flowers and fire with lots of chants and prayers. It was really cool! The family is still in mourning, so if you could keep them in your prayers that would be great! :)

I don’t have a lot of time! But for p-day today we also went with our YSA branch members to the city farm where we got to pet all kinds of animals!!! It was SOOO cool!!!! :) I loved it!!!!! Coolest animals I pet was a deer and a skunk! Also lots of reptiles!!! hahaha anyway! This week was FULL of miracles!!! We had an AMAZING lesson with our investigator J! She is just progressing so much! And LOVING the book of Mormon! We talked about the commandments and she has really been able to see how the commandments are there as a way for us to exercise our faith and receive blessings! It’s amazing how she is growing! WE love hearing her bare her testimony to us every week! Our other investigator A. is doing AWESOME!!! She and her husband K. have been coming to church every week and we had an amazing lesson where K. really was interested!!!!! We decided to focus on him and center it really on God, our Loving Heavenly Father and he asked a question about a Heavenly Mother which started the lesson out a little roughly, but!!!! We ended up turning it around and HE PRAYED IN THE END!!! It was so amazing! I couldn't even get over his desire to know if God is really there! We are really excited to be working with this wonderful family!!! WE LOVE THEM!!!

We went to Penang for exchanges and I was able to go with Sister Alfrey (my child!!!) and it was the BEST!!! She is such a hard worker and an AMAZING missionary! I absolutely LOVE her so, so much! She talked to me a lot about the WHY of being on a mission and it really made me think about mine... I was able to see how much she has changed and grown! I love her so much, she is the BEST!!!! we taught this AMAZING family while we were there; the dads name is K, with a wife and 2 kids from Pakistan. They are Christian and were being persecuted where they lived, so they came to Malaysia. They don’t have a lot... but they do have FAITH! A LOT of it! And they love the gospel! They love Jesus Christ and it's such a light to me to see what it really means to STAND for CHRIST!!! LIFE IS AMAZING!!!!!!

I love you guys so much! I am sorry I don’t have a lot of time, but I’ll write more next week! I know that Jesus Is the Christ! I know that he suffered the Atonement for us and that through him ALL things are possible, and we can BECOME like him!!!

I LOVE You!!!!!!

LOVE
Eternally
Sister Waldvogel
OWLE<3

No comments:

Post a Comment